Saturday, October 11, 2008

Apple LCD HDTV Rumor



Recently, rumors have surfaced that Apple may be working on a LCD HDTV with the built in features of Apple TV.  This comes from a credible source, but I have doubt in this rumor.  Why would Apple enter the volatile and dangerous TV market?  No doubt that this Apple iTV (I don't know, it sounds like a good name, right?) will be just as expensive as other Apple products, which means it will be in the higher end of the TV pricing spectrum.  I know a lot of people who would buy an Apple LCD HDTV, but will the normal consumer?  If they can get the same TV without the Apple TV for less, I think they'll jump on the cheaper TV, especially the way the economy is acting.  Even if this rumor turns out to be true, I doubt we'll see it at the upcoming Apple Event on Tuesday, more like early 2009.  

No comments: